[See below for classes designed for everyone]
The Discipleship / Adult Education Ministry Team plans various classes that are offered at ACC. Our goal is for everyone to mature as a follower of Jesus Christ as they develop both Bible knowledge and skills for Christian living.
Standard Lesson Class:
The word faithfulness simply doesn't have much currency in our time. Before we fault cultural shifts for our fragile relationships, we should recall the opening pages of Scripture. Sin's curse disrupted all relationships, especially our relationship with God. Alienated from God, humanity hatched countless false religions throughout the world, each searching for truth about the Creator.
Against that backdrop of confusion, alienation and idolatry, God revealed Himself and His desire to enter into a faithful relationship with the people He created.
George Cornell, David Bruess & Jerry Wacker, Teachers
Devoted Hearts (Women's Class): "Gideon"
The Devoted Hearts class will be starting a new study on Gideon by Priscilla Shirer on January 5th.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed, inexperienced, intimidated, insufficient, too old, too young, or afraid? If you have ever struggled with these, this study will help you see how God can use your weakness to unlock his strength. You will learn more about the story of Gideon and the wet fleece and how he won a battle with 300 men. This is a DVD driven study. Order guides are available for order online. We will watch the video one week and discuss the study content the next week.
Class taught by Cathy Groen
Young Adult Class:
If you are college age or 20 something, this class is for you. Led by Josh & Tabitha Hall, we will study together and plan some fellowship events. We'll meet at 9:30 AM in Room #103 each Sunday morning.
Josh & Tabitha Hall, Teachers
Journeys Class "Core 52":
A class to help you master the 52 most important verses of the Bible. By examining each passage, you will get clarity, deepen your understanding, and see how each Scripture verse can unlock dozens of others that share it's principal theme.
Joe Schmidt, Teacher
Learning to Lead
Most of us end up in different contexts. The challenge is to lead well while being a Christian who lives like Jesus. We will look at some important lessons about leadership and how to keep a Christian perspective as we lead.
Book of Hebrews
Better. Jesus is better than the prophets, angels, Moses, Joshua, and the Old Testament priests. In fact, Jesus is all you need. In a day when we rely on ourselves, the government, and our retirement accounts to provide our needs, we need to be reminded that Jesus is so much better than anyone or anything else. That's a lesson the people in the first century needed to be reminded of, and that's a lesson we need to be reminded of too.
Peacemaking for Families
Peacemaking for Families is a biblical guide to managing conflict in the home. If you would like to enjoy more peace in your home, or if you would like to help another family find more peace in theirs, this class will give you the tools.
Man in the Mirror
The Men's class is continuing a study in the 24 most destructive problems in men's lives. We spend time talking about each issue and then look in the mirror of God's word to see how well we fare. Men, if you have some areas in life that could use a facelift, join us in Room 103.
Groups meeting on Sunday
- Ham Lake Group hosted and led by Matt & Miranda Ten Napel at their home; meets every other Sunday evening from 6:30 - 8:00 PM. Children are welcome but no childcare is available.
- Coon Rapids Group hosted and led by David & Jeanine Miller at their home; meets every week from 6:30 - 8:00 PM.
- Andover Group hosted and led by Jim & Peggy Conner at their home; meets every week from 6:30 - 8:00 PM.
Group meeting on Monday
- Women's Only Group led by Cathy Groen; meets every other Monday from 6:30 - 7:30 PM at Caribou Coffee, 3536 Main Street, Coon Rapids. First meeting is September 16.
Group meeting on Tuesday
- Group hosted and led by Jerry & Marilyn Wacker at their home; meets each week from 7:00 - 8:30 PM.
Groups meeting on Thursday
- Group led by Joe Schmidt; meets each week from 10:00 - 11:30 AM at the church building.
- Hosted by George & Sharon Weitgenant at their home and led by Joe & Nancy Schmidt ; meets each week from 6:30 - 8:00 PM.