Parents, this page is for you! Here you will find parenting tools, links to other websites/organizations we recommend, and practical resources for raising a teenager. Feel free to contact the church office for more information or questions.
DOWNLOAD YOUTH MINISTRY PARENTING TIPS
(click on the subject to download the PDF file)
- Social Media
- 6 WAYS TO WEAN TEENS FROM SCREENS
- EMPOWERING YOUR KIDS TO CHOOSE
- MOVING FROM YOU SHOULD TO SHOULD YOU?
- PUT AWAY THE PHONE MOM
- RAISING ADULT CHILDREN
- THE POWER OF PORNOGRAPHY
- 5 TEEN TRENDS THAT AREN'T GOING AWAY
- AVOIDING THE BIG BUT
- HELPING TEENS BE SMARTER THAN THEIR SMARTPHONE
- THE SWEAT SPOT FOR TEACHING TRUTH
- QUANTITY TIME WITH YOUR KIDS
- 4 VITAL QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR TEEN
- ANTI SOCIAL MEDIA
- BAD APPS
- SHOULD I STALK MY KIDS SOCIAL MEDIA LIFE?
- TWO-PLAYER MODE
Here are some of the websites and organizations we trust, that can help you as a parent of adolescents or teenagers. Check out these links...
- FULLER YOUTH INSTITUTE: One of the leaders in holistic youth ministry resources. It's primary focus is for churches and youth ministry, but it is has a wealth of knowledge that can benefit any parent hoping to help their teenager grow in the faith.
- CENTER FOR PARENT AND YOUTH UNDERSTANDING: This is a Gold mine of searchable youth culture resources going back years. There is a constant flow of up to date reviews of what is going on in the world of teens. There is a Podcast, blog, face book updates, and twitter posts. This site is Not about shock and awe but helps make sense of the confusing world of youth culture with practical suggestions targeted at how to respond to all of this.
- FOCUS ON THE FAMILY: This has been a trusted resource for so many years of top quality resources for the family. It is a door way to dozens of articles answering the questions that parents grapple with all of the time.
- VERYWELL FAMILY: It's not a faith-based resource, but it has excellent information on the life issues you face when raising teens. Navigate the ride by learning how to promote healthy decision-making, talk sex, foster responsibility, and more.
- THE SOURCE FOR PARENTS: The is Jonathan McKee's latest parent resource website. Fantastic information, blogs and articles, and all from one of today's parent ministry top voice's!
- REAL WORLD PARENTS: Started by Youth Specialties own Mark Matlock, Real World Parents is another excellent faith based parent resource!
- Here are a few articles or videos that may give you new ideas in parenting your kids:
The Power of Empathy: How to Teach Your Child to "Feel Another's Feelings"
Got a Strong-Willed Child? So Did This Mom
Enjoy Your Children the Way You Always Wanted
Check out these books in the Church Library. Click below to for a quick summary.
If you have any questions, please contact Grant Kurka.